Last night, my husband told me that he signed me up for another 5k run. I thought it was sweet of him. Then I asked “when’s the run?” “on Sunday”, he said with a smile. Now here is what went on inside my head.
“whaaaa!!!! Sunday is a few days from now! I need to train! It’s been months since I last ran 5k! Last Saturday, I did some running but that was not close to 5k! I am not ready! what if I don’t break my PR?! what if i don’t finish it?! what if i walk half the time?! – that would be one hell of a blow for my ego. No way will i walk half the time! well, I can use a little breather… but only for a few seconds… great! I hope they have water stations!… what will I wear?… i just got a haircut, now I need hairpins!”
these thoughts run wild inside my head while I silently start panting. “huff… huff.. huff..” I am way too proud to admit my panic. Oh dear…
Now, here’s the plan:
– I only have Saturday to practice. I will try to do two laps around the oval, I know too well that I should not get too tired if I were to run a race the following day
– I will not think about breaking my PR, that’s way too much competitive thinking.
– I will run for myself. I will not try to think about outrunning the person in front of me. I will run at my own pace and enjoy the wind on my face
– I have to find my i-pod! I enjoy running with music, I last longer when I have them on. where is my i-pod? guess, its time to clean my closet 🙂
– buy pocari sweat! and gatorade for my husband.
– I will read the Runner’s World magazine lying around the house just to see if I can get any last minute tips for an anxious runner like I am… now, where did i see that magazine? hmmm
– and last but not the least… I will remember how it always feels to cross the finish line whew!
Meanwhile, I am looking forward to Rodic’s tapsilog after the practice run on Saturday.